Wool is a popular carpet material in the greater North York, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, and Markham areas because it is eco-friendly, soft, and durable. You may associate wool with a sweater or blanket, but it also makes a beautiful and soft carpet material. Made from the hair of sheep, this material is known for its insulating qualities. Compared to other animal hair or fur, the hair of sheep grows in an elastic and crimped fashion that makes it ideal for trapping and holding heat. The experts at Floor Coverings International North York share more of the benefits of wool carpeting below!
Benefits of Wool Carpet
- Sustainable: Wool is not only biodegradable, but it’s also a renewable resource. It won’t sit in the landfills for years like other synthetic options.
- Durable: Its fibers are very strong and durable, making them suitable for high traffic areas in the home.
- Provides Warmth: Wool carpet is especially good for homes that see cold winters. It’s one of the best carpet options for trapping in heat, keeping your house warm and the electric bill down.
- Moisture Wicking: Due to its moisture wicking qualities, you don’t have to worry about mold or mildew growing in your carpet.
- Longevity: Wool carpets tend to have a long lifespan if they are cared for properly.
Wool Carpet Experts in Thornhill
While wool is less affordable than other carpet materials, its high quality is worth the cost. One option is to prioritize rooms that require maximum insulation, like bedrooms, and install wool carpet in the rooms you need it most.
Let the experts talk you through this and more during your free in-home design consultation! Our trained design associates will ask a lot of questions to help determine the best carpet option for your unique Thornill home. Give us a call to schedule your appointment today. We look forward to working with you!
Photo Credit: Kues