Carpet flooring has remained a staple in many homes due to its comfort, style, and warmth. One of the most popular styles of carpet is frieze. While you may not recognize the name, this style of carpet can be found in many homes across the greater North York, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, and Markham areas due to its durability and style variety. Learn more about frieze carpet from the experts at Floor Coverings International North York!
About Frieze Carpet
Frieze carpet can be made with a variety of different materials including wool, nylon, and acrylic. It is made by threading and looping the carpet fibers through a stiff backing. These loops are then cut so they are all the same length. The fibers are tightly twisted and only attached at one end, which gives the fibers freedom to move.
Benefits of Frieze Carpet
- Durable: The tightly twisted fibers allow for the carpet to hold up well to high volumes of foot traffic and everyday wear and tear.
- Trackless Carpet: Due to the composition of frieze carpet, it doesn’t show footprints or vacuum marks like other carpets can.
- Easy to Maintain: The curling of the fibers allows frieze to conceal dirt and stains.
Cons of Frieze Carpet
- Not as Many Style Options: Due to its thick pile, frieze carpet is not available in complex patterns.
- Casual Appearance: Frieze tends to have a more casual appearance and is not always best in fancier settings.
Carpet Experts in Thornhill
If you’re looking for a stylish, soft, and durable carpet for your home, then frieze is a great option. With so many choices of styles, colors, and fibers, it’s smart to begin your carpeting project with a free in-home design consultation with Floor Coverings International North York! Our trained design associates will ask a lot of questions to help select the perfect carpet option for your unique home, family, and budget. Give us a call today. We look forward to working with you!
Photo Credit: Mikhail Klyoshev