Homeowners across the greater North York, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, and Markham areas choose carpeting to bring warmth and comfort into their homes. Plush carpeting in particular is known for its softness and comfort, making it a popular choice. However, homeowners may choose plush carpeting simply due to its feel, and may not be familiar with this particular style of carpeting. Learn more about plush carpeting and the benefits it has to offer from the experts at Floor Coverings International North York.
About Plush Carpet
Plush carpeting is a certain style of cut pile carpeting. Pile simply refers to the yarn or fiber used to make the carpet. Certain carpet is made from a continuous weave of fiber through the carpet backing. Cut pile carpeting, however, involves looping the fiber through the backing and cutting it to a certain length. Cut pile styles vary by length of pile and how much twist is made in the individual fibers.
Plush carpeting has a medium length pile with a slight twist to the fibers. Frieze and shag carpeting styles are examples of longer pile options. Frieze carpeting has more twist in its fibers causing each fiber to curl over at the top. On the other hand, plush brings a look of softness because the pile sits uniformly on its surface.
Benefits of Plush Carpet
- Soft and Comfortable: Plush carpeting is the style option known for its softness and comfort. The arrangement of the pile provides a pleasant cushion underfoot.
- Wide Variety to Choose From: Plush carpeting comes in a variety of colors, patterns, and styles. You can get creative with this type of carpeting.
- Needs Regular Maintenance: Weekly vacuuming is recommended for all carpet types. But with plush carpeting, due to its uniform pile, dirt and imperfections are easier to see.
- Shows Vacuum Lines: Tracks are visible in plush carpeting. Vacuum lines, footprints, and other lines will show. Some people prefer a uniform look in their carpet, but this depends on personal preference. Others enjoy the look of patterned vacuum lines in their plush carpeting.
- Less Durable: Compared to Berber and frieze carpeting, plush is slightly less durable. It is not recommended for high traffic areas.
Carpet Experts in North York
Plush carpeting is an excellent selection to bring warmth and comfort to the rooms of your North York home. Call the experts at Floor Coverings International North York and schedule a free in-home consultation. We will bring hundreds of carpet options straight to your home using our mobile flooring showroom.
You might also like:
Photo Credit: © Jodie Johnson